Friday, October 5, 2007

And So It Begins...

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

With this warning, I knowingly and assertively step through the gates into the first circle of hell, the blogosphere. So, without further ado... printf("Hello, world!!\n");

I am a husband, father, programmer, statistician/math geek and overall nerd. Oh, and I play poker. Badly. Really badly.

Problem is, I can't write worth a damn either. Plus I'm one of the more introverted souls you'll ever meet. If that doesn't sound like a combination for blogging gold, I don't know what would. So what's the point? I don't plan on posting regularly. I don't expect to have even one person ever read what I do write. And if anyone, to their dismay, happens to stumble upon this piece of drivel, any incite/inspiration/information gleaned from my words will be purely coincidental. Are we clear? Good, so let's proceed.

The penultimate impetus for my taking this step is the highly entertaining, head blogging degenerate over at Riverchasers, Sir AlCantHang. Mind you, I have never met Al and have never even communicated with him in any way. However, reading his blog and many of the others linked therein has, for some reason, sparked a curiosity in me.

So there you have it. I've officially gone from troll to noob. Yay. My over/under for first real visitor is, let's say, 94 days. Jan 7 2008. Truthfully, though, smart money would be on the over.

No comments: