Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tuesday In Limerick

Decided I didn't feel like going to work on Tuesday, so I went to the daytime riverchasers game at the power plant. Maybe I should've just gone to work...

I was in fold mode for the better part of the first half hour until I found AKo UTG. I limp. So do 4 others and we see a flop of KK4. Checks all around. Damn. Turn is an ace. B.U.T.Full. SB checks and the BB fires out a pot sized bet. Smooth call by me. Smooth call by 1 other. Hmmm. I'm sure that BB has a baby to mid ace, and am hoping that the other player has a K. River pairs the 4 and now I'm really hoping for KQs or KJs. BB fires a second bullet at the pot but I raise, praying for a call (or reraise) behind me. Unfortunately, the other player folds immediately (another baby ace?) and the BB considers for a decent amount of time before folding. A nice pot is a nice pot says I.

Anyway, a short time later, I pick up J6o in the BB and check my option with a few limpers in front. Flop top and bottom pair and decide to bet right out. Pot. Three callers. Turn bricks and I bet pot again. One player calls all in (two other folds), and flips a gutshot draw with one over. I guess 91% isn't good enough for yours truly, as his straight fills and he drags my a nice pot. That hand should have given me enough chips to play a more aggressive game but, alas, I am now approaching binary decision time as the blinds continue to grow.

I find A♦T♦ and shove directly into AKo. Even though I flop two baby diamonds, 12 outs twice is way too slim for me to expect to hit and IGH with about 20 players left.

Saturday is the 2007 Q4 RPT TOC. Top 40 there qualify for the final tournament that gives away the Main Event seat. GL me.

Hitting your gutshot on the river to cripple me, you better believe that's a paddlin.

1 comment:

Riggstad said...

Good Luck today! I will not be there unfortunatley but it will be nice to read your write up on the day!