Friday, April 25, 2008

Surprise Surprise

Wife came home from NoCal late last night, a day early. With a Wii. If I was anywhere close to feeling normal, I'd be pretty jacked. Instead, all I envision is huge fights between the girls as to who gets the tv. The older one on the Wii, the younger wanting the tivo. Just shoot me.

I took second last Sunday at a live riverchasers game. $50 is $50. I don't have it in me to do a detailed recap, but there was a suck-resuck-reresuck hand that doubled me at level 4 and gave me enough chips to play with comfortably. 99 vs TT. Q98 flop. I bet out middle set, guy calls with second pair and a gutterball. Turned J completes his straight, but I gamble and push. He calls but another Q on the river fills my boat. When we get down to heads up, I'm about 5:1 down in chips to a guy who just couldn't miss a flop. Without one double up, I grind back to down 3:1. Finally, I found the spot I was looking for and got it all in with AQs against K8o which would have evened us in chips. Nope. 8 on the flop ends it right there. I run goot.

I'll probably try to get to Champs at some point this weekend for some live donkery, but don't know which night. Otherwise, I'll try to catch up on my sleep and escape my shitty reality.

No comments: