Monday, August 18, 2008

High Stakes On Stars, Almost There

I haven't bothered to actually deposit any cash into PokerStars, but due to a Kathie Lee slave laborish hourly wage, I now have an astronomical $1.60 in my roll there. 8,000 tards playing limit razz and my 23rd place finish after 3-1/2 hours handed me the honor and privilege of playing a limit O8 $2000 freeroll against 5,500 other draw monkeys. Well, it was actually only 3 hours as I needed to leave for 1/2 hour to take care of dinner. We were down into the 800's with 88 spots "paying", but I had plenty of chips. As soon as we hit 88, I was outta there. I found out later that it took until 23rd before all of my chips were finally blinded off.

Then 3-1/2 more hours of limit O8 (the next day) and a 320th place finish and I'm on my way. Again, it was more like 2-1/2 hours as I didn't actually fire up the software until the first break was just ending. At that point I had a little over $1000 left of the $1500 starting stack. I was up over $15,000 in about 45 minutes. Unfortunately, a couple of huge draws never came through and I couldn't continue to amass enough chips to make a run at the top 5. Fun while it lasted though.


Actually, I'm hoping I can kind of go through a Ferguson challenge type of thing on Stars just to see how I do. If I make it to $10, I'll call it a success.

And there go another 5 minutes of your life you're never getting back.

No comments: