Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The BASH

So if a Z-lister shows up at Al's bash, does anyone notice? Or even care? For me, it was just the peeling back of another layer of the blogger community onion. It is in no way my personality to dive in head first to such things, but I was content, for the most part, to partly observe, partly interact when I didn't feel I was being intrusive, and mostly get my drink on. To those ends, I think it was a successful night. As far as I remember, I didn't say or do anything ridiculously stupid or embarassing. Please correct me if my memory has failed. Always possible.

Since my night was probably the least (by far) interesting of anyone in attendance, a couple of bullets ought to be sufficient.
  • The Rooster was extremely cordial, even before I offered to buy him a beer.
  • Was one of many to fail in attempt to best Drizz.
  • Evy absolutely begged an officer of the law for an extra set of handcuffs.
  • Assisted Buddy in the B&E at Al's. To be fair, explicit condition was received ahead of time to crash there, if needed.
  • Could only make it through about 1/3 of my meal at the diner at 3:00 AM with Buddy, Riggs, and CK. The old digestive system was on very shaky ground by that point.
  • Woke up at 7:15 not knowing where in Phoenixville Al's actually is. Staggered, still mostly drunk, about 4 miles in the wrong direction. I realized after about a mile that I was off course, but in which direction? Finally spotted an assisted living compound where I was able to confirm my whereabouts and get a cab to come retrieve my sorry self. Boy, there is absolutely nothing of substance between Phoenixville and Royersford.
It was completely awesome to see again those few I had met before, and equally so to meet some folks for the first time. Thanks, Al, for a kick ass night.

And there go another 5 minutes of your life you're never getting back.

2 comments:

Riggstad said...

you staggering the wrong way, i your condition... HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!! GOLD!

Evy said...

I'm still pissed the bastard didn't give me any handcuffs!!!

Great to see you again :)