Thursday, September 18, 2008

FFL Week 3 Preview

Well, through two weeks, it looks like my team is going to struggle just about every week. Given that Carson Palmer is laying a big fat pile of shit every week, maybe my decision to hold off on drafting my RBs for an additional round wasn't the best decision. Until he proves that it is no longer warranted, or Cincy is playing a real dog that week, Palmer is on the bench. For Jason Campbell. Did I just say that?

Oh, and maybe now that Matt Cassel is slinging the pigskin for NE instead of Tom Brady, spending the 1st pick on Moss doesn't look all that bright. But despite all this, I'm still entering week 3 at 1-1. Problem is, I'm probably going to have to play RB roulette every week unless someone will trade with me. Maroney, Ronnie Brown, Selvin Young, Michael Pittman, and Michael Bush just aren't going to cut it. I can't rely on Moss, Owens, and either Gates or Sheffler to carry the load week in and week out. I get a little bit of a bump this week, as my DST (Giants) gets to toy with the Bengals offense that is not only a shell of its former self, but has shriveled up and blown away in a gentle breeze. Hopefully, this was really more due to the early matchups with BAL and TEN than the fact that they really really really really suck. It's obvious how important it was to that team to have a ground threat in Rudi Johnson to keep the defense honest every play.

Right now, Brown and Young are slotted to start for me, but it's certainly not set in stone. If McFadden does miss the game, I have no problem swapping Bush in. Maroney is probably not going to play, so the only question after that is whether to pull Young in favor of Pittman. 9-10 carries per game for Young isn't going to get the job done, especially since he is on the sideline each and every series inside the 10. Anyway, here's the matchup for this week:

PosMeOpponent
QBJason CampbellJay Cutler
RBRonnie BrownSteven Jackson
RBSelvin YoungRyan Grant
WRRandy MossBrandon Marshall
WRTerrell OwensDeSean Jackson
TETony ShefflerKellen Winslow
KMason CrosbyJohn Kasay
DSTNYGNE
Do I really sit Gates for Sheffler? I'm thinking I ride the hot streak until it fades. Probably looking at 1-2 come Sunday night, but that's why they play the games, eh?

And there go another 5 minutes of your life you're never getting back.

No comments: