Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fantasy Football Thursday - Week 7 Edition

Let me preface this by saying that this is, by far, my worst year ever of fantasy football. It didn't look so bad on draft day...

QB: Palmer, Favre
RB: LJ, McAllister, B. Jackson, D. Foster, Bennett
WR: Harrison, Driver, Chambers, S. Moss
TE: Gonzo
K: Gould
DST: Steelers

We play a 10 team league with standard yardage + TD scoring. I didn't really like my RB situation, but every team needs a weakness somewhere. Unless you completely luck out.

Anyway LJ started out in the crapper, Marvin is losing too many balls to Wayne, and then McAllister goes down for the year. Hopefully, Harrison's knee won't keep him out any more than the 1 game he lost, plus last week's bye. Anyway, if he comes back this week and LJ and Gonzo keep playing like they have of late, I might be able to climb out of this hole. But 1-5 is a pretty big hole.

Brandon Jackson, Deuce, Gould, and Moss are no longer on the roster. Bennett was dropped when I needed to clear some room for bye week subs, but now that he has been traded to Tampa, I brought him back. I also picked up Kevin Faulk, probably for this week only, if that. I'm hoping that Maroney isn't ready to come back so that Faulk will get the start against the fins and I don't have to start Bennett right away.

When Chicago was on a bye, I picked up Stover for the week. Now, I think I'm just going to make him my every week starter. Baltimore can move the ball, but all they do it put up 3's. Of course, with Chambers moving to SD (on a bye) this week and Driver also on a bye, I was short a WR to start with Harrison. Someone beat me to Welker, so I was stuck with picking up Cotchery. Hopefully, the Jets will be able to torch the Cincy D for 4 or 5 through the air like everyone else. And maybe Jericho will land one.

So, I guess my lineup for this week will look like:
Palmer (vs. NYJ), LJ (vs. OAK), Faulk, if he starts (vs. MIA) or Bennett (vs. DET), Harrison (vs. JAX), Cotchery (vs. CIN), Gonzalez (vs. OAK), Stover (vs. BUF), and PITT DST (vs. DEN).

My opponent this week is the other 1-5 owner in the league, whose team features McNabb, Willie Parker and Randy Moss. A win this week will get me out of the cellar and one step closer to a miraculous run at the playoffs. One game at a time, though.

No comments: