Thursday, October 25, 2007

Still Sucking

About 40 riverchasers gathered in Blue Bell last night and the cards flew just after 8:30. Less than 10 minutes in, I pick up A♣8♣ in the BB and check my option. On the J high flop, I pick up second pair and the nut flush draw. I make a mistake already, as instead of betting it out strongly, I meekly check-call all the way to the river, miss my draw, and fold to an all-in bet. So many outs... Draws are death. Unless you're the one drawing against me, then it'll always come in.

I managed to pick up a couple small pots along the way, but got blinded down to less than 60 at 3/6. It was a pretty aggressive table, and my cards were beyond crappy. Finally I see AK UTG and raise 3X BB. Everyone folds except the SB, who seems to really like her hand based on my read. When the flop comes with 3 rags and 2 clubs, she starts playing with her chips and really eyeing my stack. (Not that there was much of it left) Eventually, she decided to check and looked a bit disappointed when I checked behind her. Then the 9♣ fell and she bet me all-in. Yuck. I fold, nice bet. I'm such a wimp.

We go to 5/10 and I am on life support with 3.5 BB left. It folds around to me in the SB and I find K9o. BB only has me covered by a few chips, so I shove. He didn't fold right away, but did fold, so now I have 4.5 BB. Joy.

After paying another round of blinds, we go to level 5 (10/20) and I am UTG. This hand or next hand... A8 off is much better than what I'll probably see next hand in the BB so I'm all-in for 30. UTG+1 decides to shove for 150+ and everyone else folds. He flips TT so I'm about 30% to triple up. Flop trips my 8's, but a ten on the turn fills his boat and I'm done.

After a really good start to the quarter, things have certainly returned to normal. Maybe someday I'll actually learn how to play this game.

No comments: