Monday, December 17, 2007

And The Beats Go On...

I got myself to two different Riverchasers game over the weekend. The first when I decided to bail on work at lunch time Friday, and the second when my parents wanted to spend a little time with my girls.

The Friday game was in Limerick and went according to script. I tried to see flops early on the cheap in lieu of any real cards and find a spot to double. I went down about 15-20% looking for a good situation but finding none. Then my table broke pretty early, and I was moved to one where two players had evidently busted half of those formerly there. With hefty stacks, they were more than happy to see every flop and, more often than not, every turn. Unfortunately for the rest of us, they kept hitting those boards with whatever garbage they were dealt so they had even more chips to play with. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

ok - finally I find KK in the BB at level 2 after the entire table limped, and pot raised. UTG decides to get fancy and puts me all in. There is almost a 0% chance I am ever folding KK pre-flop in a Riverchasers game, so I call and he flips... 66. Other than the oesd that developed on the turn, everything came out all right and I doubled plus 5 or 6 other single bets.

Then we go card dead for about 45 minutes while the big stacks pummel the the rest of the table, and each other. Since the game only started with around 4 tables, we actually got to the final nine players at level 5 (10/20). But with only 6.5 BB, I was looking for a spot. After I managed to pick up the blinds uncontested following a shove with A3o, I found 33 UTG in the last hand before 20/40. My shove gets called quickly by KJ, but I win the race and double.

Still at 20/40, pocket 6's guy had been raising pre-flop about every 3rd hand, so when he 4x raised my BB I was pretty sure my A♠T♠ was good and reraised all in. Insta-call. With KQ. Ten on the flop, but he catches one of the 34 kings and queens still in the deck and IGH 8th. Another Limerick final table, another bust with the best hand pre-flop. Ick.

Sunday is quite a bit more brief. AA in the BB. I make a pot sized raise and get 3 calls from very loose players. Flop is a very dangerous JT8 with 2 diamonds. Pot is just about the size of my stack, so I push and get called by 2nd pair with a gutterball. Hits trips on the turn and, just to rub it in, straightens on the river to send me home in the first hour. Ick ick.

Then, I find out I bubbled the Aussie Millions TOC writing contest with an Honorable Mention. How typical of my life right now. Ick ick ick.

1 comment:

Riggstad said...

Hey man,

I just noticed your blog and linked you on my blog under PA blogs.

Thanks for playing Riverchasers live games and the online tour!

See you at the tables!

Jim