Friday, January 9, 2009

Generic Pre-Weekend Post

Sunday. Eagles. Giants. Meadowlands. Cold. Wind. Playoffs.

Nothing matches when two NFC East teams get to play for a third time in a season. As expected, I will be getting together with a few friends to watch the game at an establishment known for their wings and being tacky. Actually, their wings suck and their beer is overpriced, but it is centrally located to the four of us and the scenery inside is generally voluptuous.

Playing the Giants, I thought back to a song parody one of the local sports talk stations put together back in the mid-late 90's. For some reason, I seem to remember it was directed at the Rangers but the sentiment would still hold. Think of a typical South Philly guy trying to mimic Frank Sinatra... "And don't for-get, New York, you suck!" I failed in my attempt at finding either the clip or even just the lyrics so you'll have to trust me.

Could this be McNabb's last game in Philly? Will his #5 be purple next year? Can anyone honestly tell me that the Vikings don't beat the Eagles last week if they had McNabb at QB? We know Andy Reid will be back, but will Donovan hold out for a contract redo that Jeff/Joe won't want to do? Should be an interesting offseason here in Eaglestown but, until then, Fly Eagles Fly!!

And there go another 5 minutes of your life you're not getting back...

No comments: